[Freeciv-Dev] transporter bugfix

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] transporter bugfix
From: Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 16:28:55 +0200 (CEST)

Hello there,

attached is a patch to 1.12.2 ("public beta") adressing a bug which
occurs when you pass a full transportship to an aliance partner ->
the units will strand.

The patch solves it by allowing units to be moved on transports
of an ally. What it still needs is a couple of people who test
it. It is an "old" teamciv feature, but the current freeciv version
change a lot since 1.12.0 so I had to code it again from scratch.

Of course I did some testing by myself, but there are a lot
of cases involved: shared vision / no shared vision, canceling
treaty while on high sea, carriers, missile units, etc.

Any volunteers who could test exotic situations out would
be much appreciated !

This is what the patch does so much:
- you can move a unit on a transporter owned by ally
- when ally transporter moves with your unit aboard, the map is
  unfogged but to avoid confusion there is no focus/center change
- allied transports wont "autoboard" units sentried in
  your city to avoid
  "oh-sorry-i-didnt-knew-there-were-6-diplomats-there" situations.

Mfg,
ChaosE

PS: Does anyonw know if there is a ruleset that invents
    land transporting units like APCs ? There might be
    an issue with ZOC with them.
--

Karl-Ingo Friese
kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx