[Freeciv-Dev] Re: 1.12.2 win

To: "Martin McMahon" <martin.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Freeciv -Dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: 1.12.2 win
From: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 08:40:02 +0200

Martin McMahon writes:
 > Hello
 > Been tesing the new 1.12.2 version on win xp ,found a bug /or how to
 > crash fc in 2 mins flat.
 > once game starts build a town ,then go into mis setting in the town
 > and click a few options on and off again ,does not matter which,then
 > keep this window open and try to change main game setting ie auto
 > center on units  or auto end turn u cant is crashes out 9 out of 10
 > time when I do this.
I can test freeciv on Win95, Win98, WinNT4, and wine (the windows
emulator for linux) but I cannot reproduce that bug.
The only thing I know is that the bug was not there in the older
version of the citydlg. If I cannot fix it till release, I have to
revert to the old citydlg.

Can anyone give me a backtrace?
Or at least run the civclient binary
from
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~akemnade/civclient-debug.exe.gz
using
civclient -l logfile -d 3
That binary should give much more debug output.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade