[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Ideas for FreeCiv

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Ideas for FreeCiv
From: Benjamin Smith <bsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 14:10:41 +0100

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 04:32:29AM -0700, Nova Destruction wrote:
> Idea 2:
> Okay, to my knowledge, and this might be wrong, there
> is no "load" option for the games you save. I am
> willing to bet I missed something, but I'm not sure.
>
> Fix 2:
> Add an option to allow loading saved games.
>
> (Feel free to email me back and make me look like a
> moron if this already exists.)

Try typing civserver --help to list all the options to the server
program.  To load a save game type civserver (or use the ser script) -f
<name>.sav[.gz].

> Idea 3:
> Again, this might already exist: Allow users to save
> and load the settings of their servers.
>
> Fix 3:
> Well, this is a simple one.

The civserver -r option accepts a script which contains commands to be
run by the server, perhaps the new feature should write a script that
can then be loaded with -r.

--
Benjamin Smith <bsmith@xxxxxxxxxx, benjaminsmith86@xxxxxxxxxxx>