[Freeciv-Dev] Clients can see supposedly invisible subs (PR#1405)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Clients can see supposedly invisible subs (PR#1405)
From: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:33:07 -0700 (PDT)

Information about subs that should be invisible are sent to clients just
like any other unit within non-fog-of-war territory. This makes it
possible (nay, easy) to make a hacked client that sees F_PARTIAL_INVIS
units. I've also been told that you can see invisible subs without hacking
your client, simply by watching the flicker on the screen they cause when
moving.

I refer you to book of clients, chapter control.c, verse 312. Also see
ChangeLog entry of Sat Mar 27 11:43:17 1999 by Trent Piepho.

Yours,
Per

Ask not what you can do for your country
Ask what your country did to you
 -- KMFDM, Dogma