[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sounds

To: Duane <dct2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sounds
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:55:12 +0200

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 08:28:24PM +0800, Duane  wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You said that you want copyright free sounds?  Well, "ogg vorbis" is
> 100% copyright free (no patents either).  It's easy to convert all
> your sound files to ogg vorbis & I'll be happy to do so as I would
> like to become involved with the project.
>
> I'll find some copyright free sounds & send them your way!

It is not about the format of the music files but the content.

If we would be strict we would have to think also about the format
(wav, mp3, ogg). But freeciv contains no encoder/decoder for these and
also possess no other information about the format of the files used.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Of course, someone who knows more about this will correct me if I'm