[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] autogen.sh #2

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] autogen.sh #2
From: <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:53:46 +0200 (MEST)

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> Attached is a second version of the autogen.sh patch. This is a
> modified version of a patch Per has sent me (Per: I have removed bash
> specific features, s|/bin/bash|/bin/sh| and added the exact version
> matching). Please apply this to your system and test (just run
> ./autogen.sh and report success or errors).

I think we should drop the "-a -c" parameters give to automake, and then
downgrade the requirements to version 1.3 (1.3 won't work with these two
parameters). "-a -c" merely create missing files. We don't have missing
files, so.

With that change, I managed to make it work on a Solaris boxen, with the
--disable-nls option.

Tested on FreeBSD 4.4, and it failed because of missing autoconf2.13, as
it should. autoconf didn't work there, either, so this is the correct
behaviour, and autogen.sh gave better error message.

Hmmm... this is going to be bitchy for those who don't have autoconf2.13
any more... what time table do you want for 2.13 -> 2.52 conversion,
Raimar?

Yours,
Per

Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason."
 -- Sir John Harrington (1561-1612)