[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Path finding interface

To: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Path finding interface
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:44:13 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Ross W. Wetmore wrote:

> You've got it mostly right here. There is some 6 month old code
> kicking around in GB's early prototypes that does most of this.

I have given up any hope of pushing it through on my own.  I don't think
any maintainer will have the gut to commit it in any shape.  If even a
10-liner waits 2 months before being looked at, updated and tagged "with
changes by me". ;)

But if Raimar writes the warmap code, commiting will come much easier. ;)
And I will try to help him avoid the pitfalls that are known to me and
various performance bombs that he is trying to create.  My name won't be
on the patch but I can live with it. :)

I hope that in fights with him a truly resillient code will be born :)
And the setup is almost ideal: he knows the agent and client demands and I
know the AI and partly client demands.

BTW, Ross, the examples you quoted were not all written by me.  Did you
use our warmap code in other places too?  BTW, it's not really "GB's"
patch, as the backbone of the patch came from the warmap.c file you sent
me a while ago.

Best wishes,
G.