[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Fix for 533

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Fix for 533
From: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 21:14:19 +0200

Raimar Falke writes:
 > On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 09:00:07PM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
 > >
 > > The attached patch should fix the issue of open/533. I'm not sure if I
 > > got all dialogs but the biggest ones.
 > >
 > > Andreas: can you provide an updated version of the patch for win?
 > > Vasco: can you do the same for GTK2.0?
 >
 > Last chance to post any comments.
Sorry, I have not seen your first mail. My INBOX file gots trashed at
that time. VM(Xemacs) let's me only see the subject line. It does not
look very important to me, so I did not search the mail in that file.

My idea is:
Every client should have a popdown_everything() function.
It should be called before gui_server_connect

In the gui-win32 client I would do something like this:
void popdown_everything(void)
{
  iterate_through_dialogs {
     close(dialog);
  } iterate_through_dialogs_end;
}

All dialogs in gui-win32 dialogs have destroy callbacks which will do
the cleanup in such a case.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade