[Freeciv-Dev] savegames don't maintain state

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] savegames don't maintain state
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 00:32:32 -0600

it seems that savegames aren't maintaining game state (despite the
railroad fix I just committed)

to reproduce:

1. run your favorite autogame with saveturns=1
2. pick a random savegame, and back up the next couple of incremented
   savegames after that one.
3. load that savegame and start it.
4. compare the savegames from the 2nd run to the 1st run. Note that they
   are different.

why? not certain. someone else can probably shed more light on this than
I. From the differences, I surmise that we are not loading the game
state in the same place that we saved it---we're not screwing up the save
process itself---and the ai is getting to move around, increase city
size whatever, and we're not getting to see it.

-mike

PS: why is it that I never see any saved goto routes? Have I just not
looked at enough savegames?