[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch rfc: stop ai from building useless wall, sam, co

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch rfc: stop ai from building useless wall, sam, costal and sdi (PR#199)
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:57:55 -0400 (AST)

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:

> I'd suggest the use of win chance here. Most aircraft until stealth bombers
> are
> pretty crap attackers.

So how about strew a bunch of pretty crap everywhere else so they chase
the pretty crap instead of going for your units? Maybe also have secondary
reinforcement tokens ("currency") that with reinforcement they might come
to associate with "pretty crap" and then you wont need to waste "pretty
crap" on them anymore you can just give them "magic numbers" instead?

> If there are enemy aircraft within 3 turns, with => 50 %
> chance of winning against any city's defenders, build SAM. We don't panic if
> we
> see a single fighter against our mech inf. On the other hand, with 12 Stealths
> against our single riflemen it is panic time.

Use married riflemen instead of single riflemen? Then panic them by
threatening to abort the children that their wives wombs were drafted to
carry when they too were drafted? Oh wait, they didn't build the "ERA
Wonder" yet in this world, did they? Hardly surprising with over 50% of
those with votes being female and ERA implying the draft is for all.

> > > The patch looks ok. I'll have to playtest it to see if there is an
> > improvement.Is there any way of running two servers, one running unpatched
> >CVS, one with your patch, so I can see which AI comes on top?

Lilith comes on top, Eve comes underneath like a good little Stepford
Wife. Except when servicing her owner, of course, at which time Lilith is
just another AI.

BB
MM