[Freeciv-Dev] Re: client-side worklists (PR#1352)

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: client-side worklists (PR#1352)
From: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 21:33:43 +0100

Mike Kaufman writes:
 > On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 08:42:47PM +0100, Andreas Kemnade wrote:
 > > civclient crashed at client/agents/cma_core.c:1575
 > >   len = attr_city_get(ATTR_CITY_CMA_PARAMETER, pcity->id,
 > >                       sizeof(parameter), &parameter);
 > > pcity must be NULL
 > >
 > > I don't know a clear way to reproduce it but I have never seen that
 > > bug before. It happens sometimes when you start a new game.
 > > I have not looked deeper into that part of the code yet. Perhaps your
 > > patch has not caused that bug.
 >
 > I don't see how. this is a problem for Raimar.
 > Is there a savegame associated with this?
 > other people: please test this patch. see if you get this bug.
No, I haven't a savegame yet.
The bug appears after a nation is selected (and the nation selection
dialog disappears).
server settings:
easy
set autotoggle 1
set aifill 5

I'll try to get more information (backtraces, etc.) tomorrow.
To Raimer: Do I need to call something to initialize cma in
gui-win32/*.c?

 > > The worklists are saved correctly in .civclientrc
 >
 > are you able to edit the worklists ok? The updates on
 > insert/edit/rename/delete all work ok?
All that works ok.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade