[Freeciv-Dev] Re: civclient not executing (PR#1346)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: civclient not executing (PR#1346)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:22:55 +0100

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 04:24:23AM -0800, Anandam Banerjee wrote:

> Sir,
>  I have installed freeciv-1.12.0 on Linux machine using Xaw. But, while
> executing civ, it is giving Segmentation Fault.
>
> $ ./civ
> ./client/civclient: Symbol `commandClassRec' has different size in shared
> object, consider re-linking
> 2: Using fallback resources - which is OK
> 2: Ran out of colors -  trying with a private colormap.
> Segmentation fault
>
> Please help.

THis is probably a FAQ, see www.freeciv.org/faq

It seems Freeciv was compiled against a different version of libXaw than
what it tries to use at runtime.  Did you compile it yourself or use a
precompiled package?

In any case, make sure the libXaw.so picked up by Freeciv is the original
libXaw, not a modified one such as nextaw or libXaw3d.  Freeciv will crash
when used with these.  If you have libXaw3d, what will work is compiling
Freeciv to use it with ./configure --with-xaw3d.

--
Reinier