[Freeciv-Dev] patch: ruleset cleanup
[Top] [All Lists]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index] [Thread Index]
This patch is a subset of the rulesetloading patches. It is one small step
towards making rulesets reloadable. (Yes, Mike, you win ;) I'll do it your
way. But please take a look at this. The rest of the ruleset work will be
pending, waiting for this to go in.)
- changes "set <ruleset> <file>" to "rulesetdir <dir>", ie from plenty of
server vars to one server command. this will be necessary for reloading
later, and makes the code and user interface much cleaner
- removes data/classic. this breaks savegame compatibility for pre-1.9.0
(tested). data/classic needs to be rm -rf'ed, this patch doesn't do it for
you, just edits data/Makefile.am
- since I break compatibility anyway, I removed pre-1.9.0 capabilities
and checks from savegame.c, and made a check to ensure we can't load those
- some ruleset.c functions simplified a bit
- introduces a placeholder function in ruleset.c called free_rulesets().
it is currently empty.
The patch is autogame tested, and no behaviour is changed by this patch.
No squirrels were hurt during testing.
"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch."
-- Jack Nicholson
Description: Text document
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [Freeciv-Dev] patch: ruleset cleanup,
Per I. Mathisen <=