[Freeciv-Dev] patch: ruleset cleanup

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: ruleset cleanup
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 00:46:38 +0100 (MET)

This patch is a subset of the rulesetloading patches. It is one small step
towards making rulesets reloadable. (Yes, Mike, you win ;) I'll do it your
way. But please take a look at this. The rest of the ruleset work will be
pending, waiting for this to go in.)

This patch
server vars to one server command. this will be necessary for reloading
later, and makes the code and user interface much cleaner
 - removes data/classic. this breaks savegame compatibility for pre-1.9.0
(tested). data/classic needs to be rm -rf'ed, this patch doesn't do it for
you, just edits data/Makefile.am
 - since I break compatibility anyway, I removed pre-1.9.0 capabilities
and checks from savegame.c, and made a check to ensure we can't load those
 - some ruleset.c functions simplified a bit
 - introduces a placeholder function in ruleset.c called free_rulesets().
it is currently empty.

The patch is autogame tested, and no behaviour is changed by this patch.
No squirrels were hurt during testing.

Yours,
Per

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch."
 -- Jack Nicholson