[Freeciv-Dev] civserver not terminating (with conndlg-patch)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] civserver not terminating (with conndlg-patch)
From: Michael Suess <mai99dsr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:54:15 +0100

Hi,

while the new freeciv-test release fixes my problems loading a game (as promised
:) ), I noticed that when I close a game using the close button of my window
manager, the civserver process is not terminated (as it should be in my
opinion). One could argue that the way it works now is better because it allows
to connect to the server again (in case of accidently closing the window).
However, when I do that the new control buttons are gone anyways, so there is no
way to close the server now (except the command line, which kinda defeats the
purpose of this patch). 3 solutions come to my mind:

1. When the client is closed, silently close the server as well.
2. Pop up a window asking whether to close the server.
3. leave a message on the console that the server is still open and grant
another player the priviledge of the control buttons (or the first new one
joining).

I would prefer 2 + 3.

Michael Süß