[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New user - wish list (PR#1306)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New user - wish list (PR#1306)
From: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 02:36:13 -0800 (PST)

Steve Payne wrote:

My question is how do I submit these 24 items? They are not bugs as such, but without these items a windows civ2 player, playing under tournement conditions would not get enough information for a speed game. I went into anarchy a few times last night for example - unheard of previously in 8 years of play.

Steve -

Thanks for your interest.

The bug tracking system can be used to track wishlist items as well. In theory, you can just submit each item as a wishlist request, either through the web site or by sending e-mail to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (in the latter case, make sure each new submission has a new subject and does not include the PR#, as this message does).

24 items might be a lot for the primary maintainers to sort and catalog. So alternately, you can send a single e-mail containing the whole list to freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, and we (all the developers) can try to sort things out from there.

As a final note, most of the features you're going to request are probably already present in the XAW and GTK unix clients. You are most likely using the win32 client, which is pretty new. I've never used it, but I imagine it is not as mature as the GTK client (which is the most popular). Certainly I've always thought that it gives much greater control than CivII (although I have never played CivII multiplayer).

jason short