[Freeciv-Dev] new teams patch

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] new teams patch
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 02:12:37 +0100 (MET)

This is a new iteration of the teams patch. The major changes are:
        -> teams can be defined in pregame, no need for special rulesets
        -> team and allied victory introduced
        -> victory info sent to gamelog

And lots of smaller fixes. Comments and questions very much appreciated.

To test, it requires rulesetloading3.patch (posted earlier, available from
http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~permath/freeciv/), and if you want to have some
fun with the AIs I recommend installing 4th AI alliances patch (ai4.patch)
too.

I still need to put teams info into savegames and fix one very rare bug
which sometimes disconnects the client. Also, I think I should turn off
the possibility to change teams after pregame and when savegames are
loaded. If you now load a savegame and change the teams, the changes will
be partly ignored.

Yours,
Per

"What we anticipate seldom occurs: but what we least expect generally
happens." -- Benjamin Disraeli