[Freeciv-Dev] Re: cleanup to id_to_info_row (PR#1292)

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: cleanup to id_to_info_row (PR#1292)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 16:38:27 +0100

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 07:32:04AM -0800, jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Raimar Falke wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 02:00:27AM -0800, jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > wrote:
> >

> > Is it possible to merge get_city_mapview_production,
> > get_city_dialog_production, cr_entry_building and this proposed
> > get_city_dialog_production_text?
>
> It is surely possible, but I think the different parameters given to the
> functionals and conditionals within it would make the code almost as
> long, and much less readible.

And if the formats are unified?

> What might be a good idea, though, is to place it all into one location.
>   Currently get_mapview_production is in mapview_common,
> get_city_dialog_production is in citydlg_common (along with the two
> other proposed functions), and cr_entry_building is in cityrepdata.
>
> But, where would they go?

Moving code just for the sake of it? I don't like. The id_to_info_row
change is ok because the server code really doesn't need it. But after
this change all of the functions are in client/.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Reality? That's where the pizza delivery guy comes from!"