Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: citytools.c:1306: package_dumb_city: Assertion `pcity

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: citytools.c:1306: package_dumb_city: Assertion `pcity != ((void *)0)' failed (PR#1260)
From: Justin Moore <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:17:26 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 01:15:16AM -0800, jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > This happened during a server autogame.

[ snip ]

> There is a player-city but no real city at this position. Maybe the
> player-cities aren't correctly removed if a real city is destroyed?
>
> > It does not appear to be reproducable from the savegame.
>
> Quite possible since the player-city is dynamic (read: not saved in
> the savegame AFAIK).

   I got this a few days ago, I just didn't have time to report it.  I
_think_ it occurs when

a) player 1 founds a city at x,y
b) player 2 stumbles across city but leaves it (leaving it fogged)
c) the city at x,y is destroyed
d) player 2 comes back expecting to find the city, but the server croaks
     trying to update player 2 about the demise of the city

Or I could be completely wrong. :)

-jdm

Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0129
Email:  justin@xxxxxxxxxxx