Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] exit() value change

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] exit() value change
From: Greg Wooledge <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 18:57:11 -0500

Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa (vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> I've crossed some Ultrix machines in the past. I believe they were DEC
> machines with MIPS processors running the Ultrix (UNIX like OS).

Same here; note that there are both little- and big-endian MIPS flavors.
I've never used Ultrix 2.2, but Ultrix 4.x is basically a branded BSD.
I'd be really surprised to learn that it defines EXIT_SUCCESS as anything
other than 0.

Are you sure it wasn't VMS that has the weird stuff in it?  That wouldn't
surprise me at all.  VMS runs on DEC Vax and Alpha hardware.  And to a
Unix user, VMS is *very* strange....

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |