[Freeciv-Dev] Re: update for isometric scrolling problem (PR#1222)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: update for isometric scrolling problem (PR#1222)
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:45:28 -0800 (PST)

The scrolling code was always crap, it goes back to the time when we only
had the Xaw client. The reliance on the number of tiles visible on a
canvas that seldom is an exact multiple of the tile size breaks it often.
We should rely on the size of the map in pixels in many places instead of
doing things relating to tiles.

I never took the work to make it work properly, but since you people are
going to great lengths to clean this up, i believe it is nice if you do it
The Right Way(TM).

---