[Freeciv-Dev] Re: cvs client core

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: cvs client core
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 04:41:28 +0000 (WET)

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Paul Zastoupil wrote:

> The client was connected to an AI.
> I had switched to a different window, and when I came back, core.

=== To all of you who had coredumps with the CVS version recently:

First try updating to the most recent CVS version and see if it
still crashes.

If it does crash, try downloading the version from January the 8th:
ftp://www.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/latest/freeciv-cvs-Jan-08.tar.bz2

If it still crashes, report it to freeciv-dev.

If it doesn't crash try the version from January the 9th:
ftp://www.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/latest/freeciv-cvs-Jan-09.tar.bz2

Report if this version crashes or not to freeciv-dev.

I have attached to this email a patch that disables my impr_gen commit
from January the 10th (effect-implement).

I have run a couple of games with these settings:
set gen 1
set xsize 40
set ysize 25
set landmass 50
set aifill 5
set wtowerv 3
set wtowerev 2
set fulltrade 8
set notrade 6
set settl 10
set expl 1
set huts 0
set gold 5000
set barb 0
set spacerace 0
set endyear 5000
hard

And one client but haven't been able to reproduce the crash.

Thank you for your help!

---