[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Build Road To (And Build Rail To) [WishList] (P R#1193

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Build Road To (And Build Rail To) [WishList] (P R#1193) (PR#1195)
From: Peter Cock <P.Cock@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 05:56:56 -0800 (PST)

> > Request: A new order for Settlers and Engineers - Build Road To.
>
> Try out Connect command.  It's not perfect, but it works.

Thanks Gregory, thats it.

I thought that someone would have added this feature already!

As you say, not perfect - showing the planned route (as
implemented for the Go To command) would be nice.

So this can be used to bring irrigation from a distant river too...

And the "Fortress" option would build a "Great Wall" (chain of
fortresses) would it?

I think this could be explained in the manual.  I had guessed
from the name "Connect" that this was used to get units to
meet up (e.g. a phalax and a settlers, or for creating convoys).
I hadn't noticed that it was a settler only command.

Can you add waypoints (as for the goto command), and if so how?

Is it worth adding separte order menu entries for
* Build Road To...
* Build Railroad To...
* Build Irrigation To...
* Build Fortresses To...
With individual keyboard short cuts.

This could be a sub menu ("Build To" perhaps?) of the order menu,
as the orders menu is already very long.