[Freeciv-Dev] server console cleanup patch v2

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] server console cleanup patch v2
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 18:30:44 +0100 (MET)

Changed since last patch:
 - several minor changes
 - rewrote & simplified show_player func in stdinhand.c

TODO
 - need to disallow or escape " in player input, or this will screw up
   parsing
 - more fixes like I did to show_player are needed to get arguments
   properly presented in rfcstyle

I've been thinking about translations, since I still got strings in the
arguments given to client through rfcstyle that are translated. The best
thing I could think of is simply that the client forks the server with the
same locale as it has. That way the i10n problem is solved also for
argument contents.

The new player list works as follows:
        > list
        List of players:
        a (AI, difficulty level easy, nation Mordors, state Alive)
        b (AI, difficulty level easy, nation Dutch, state Alive)
        > rfcstyle
        100
        > list
        100 "a" "AI" "easy" "Mordors" "Alive"
        100 "b" "AI" "easy" "Dutch" "Alive"

Please read and comment. Is it worthwhile to continue this way, or should
I rather be spending my time on something else?

Yours,
Per

"Economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for economists."
 -- John Kenneth Galbraith