[Freeciv-Dev] CMA 3.0 (PR#1150)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] CMA 3.0 (PR#1150)
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 20:42:06 -0800 (PST)

here comes some more bloat!
there's a (largish) patch for CMA 3.0 in incoming/ on the ftp site

please try it out and try to break it.

a short synopsis of what's done:

rename taxmans -> taxmen
renamed some files whose names were obscenely long (sorry Raimar ;)
integrated into new city_dialog
ability to add/delete presets
ability to save/load presets
predefined presets are in README.cma
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
notice this! you no longer get free presets
(you need to make a bit of effort)

still needs to be done: (not too critical, though in order of importance)

CMA messages need to have an option for where they go to.
lot's o' documentation on CMA --> helpfile
still more comments in function headers.
delete preset needs better focus
use data/freeciv.rc for keyboard

if you are reading this, you just might be interested enough to create
a patch to do what still needs to be done. Send me a patch!

sketchy:

add asserts?
flush additional attribute to the server?
more keyboard shortcuts?
xaw port: not that this is sketchy -- it should be another patch

opinion on these?

Please note that this patch required my previous
save_options patch (PR #1097) which saves the client's options using
secfile_* (see how useful it is? :) It's in there so you don't have to
go find it to apply this one.

-mike