[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Strange GUI behaviour

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Strange GUI behaviour
From: Petrus Viljoen <viljoenp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:42:25 +0200

Raimar Falke wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 06:21:51PM +0100, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > With recent CVS versions (one week or so) I have a strange
> > effect when opening the "change" window within the city window.
> > In some cases it takes several seconds to open that window.
> > This is on a 200 Mhz AMD machine with 2.4.10 kernel. At
> > least the icewm cpu load indicator doesn't show much activity
> > when the delay occurs.
> >
> > I can't reproduce it perfectly (it doesn't happen very often)
> > but there is a preference after reload + start with opening that
> > subwindow the first time for each city.
> >
> > I have no idea how to track it down.
>
> Timing code can be inserted but this will in general be hard to track
> down if it isn't reproducible.
>
>         Raimar

Had some problems with that one myself (I thought it was my PC
misbehaving).
It seams like the click event on the button does not always register
(but I did not wait long enough to see if it will come up seconds
later).
If the "change" window does not appear immediately after clicking on the
button  a second click usually do the trick sometimes a third is needed.

I have not noticed this on any other windows
( Don't think this has to do with the speed of the Machine.  I have a
Athlon 1.4 GHz and 1 GB RAM )

I'll try and see if this behavior is linked to some event(s).