[Freeciv-Dev] Re: question

To: Mirko Hufnagel <mirko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: question
From: gij <genius_invincible_jesus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 13:41:16 -0500

Mirko,

MH> I have the commercial Civilisation 2 Version (really :-)) and I merged
MH> for my private use the complete graphics with the freeciv version
MH> 1.12.0. It is legal? I'm not sure... Now my freeciv look's like the
MH> original commercial Civilisation.

MH> Thanks for your opinions

MH> mirko
MH> germany

I would guess not, but if it is your own personal doing, without
distribution, how would they know?  If you want to be sure, reread the
EULA that came with Civ2, or call their lawyers (yea right! ;).  Your
strategy certainly wouldn't work for the widely distributed FreeCiv,
though, as it would be an easy target for litigation.

--
 gij                            mailto:genius_invincible_jesus@xxxxxxxxxxxx