[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Terminal left in wrong state when quitting due to game

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Terminal left in wrong state when quitting due to gameover (PR#1077)
From: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 15:14:24 -0800 (PST)

[I haven't cc'd Thue on this one]

Thue wrote:

I don't think rl_deprep_terminal() is the intended way to reset the terminal. rl_callback_handler_remove() is, as far as I can read from the docs. (New patch attached)

Also

-It seems the metaserver shutdown command is executed even if it was not initialized. I don't think the #ifdef GENERATING_MAC'ed code is prepared for this. -my_shutdown_network() (only does something for win32) was called when exiting from srv_main(), but not when using quit_game(). I put it into close_connections_and_socket() which is called from quit_game(), is this correct? (This question is for the win32 maintainer).

I think we need to also inspect all the other exit()'s in the server. But I didn't include that in this patch.

Please CC me, I am not on freeciv-dev.

I said before that I didn't get this behavior, but I recently started getting it (!?). This patch appears to fix things (after about 9 simulated games I haven't been able to mess up my tty).

jason