[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Raimar and Dirk's note patch

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Raimar and Dirk's note patch
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 12:10:01 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Raimar Falke wrote:
> No feedback -> no more work. I was more interested at the
> attributes. And Dirk isn't around anymore.
> Yes IMO the category system will not work in this way. And you also
> have to convert all message calls. Note that a similar patch was
> recently posted here which addressed the issue the note patch was
> originally trying to solve: i18n of messages. The messages will go
> untranslated to the client and so the translation depends on the
> client settings.
> [Then] resurrect it.

I'm not interested in the i18n of messages, I'm interested in getting
hooks for sound (as you probably guessed). So I'll have a go at it. Will
that recent i18n patch conflict with the notes patch (I would guess so)?
Was there something technically wrong with the direction of the notes
patch, or was it merely a case of loss of interest (ie can it be
completed, or must it be rewritten)?

Yours,
Per

"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
 -- Albert Einstein