[Freeciv-Dev] Re: unit flags/capabilities

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: unit flags/capabilities
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 11:14:40 +0100

> > ./ai/aicity.c:  ai_city_defender_value(pcity, U_LEGION, bestchoice.choice))
> > * 2 &&
in #if GRAVEDANGERWORKS, which is not defined and i strongly suspect that noone
actually
remembers what it was about and will able to finish that after three years.

> > ./ai/aicity.c:  /* return ((U_WARRIORS <= unit_type) && (unit_type <=
> > U_MECH)); */
vanished with my cleanup

#if 0
  /* This is a hack for regression testing; I believe the new version
   * is actually better (at least as it is used in aicity.c)  --dwp
   */
> > ./ai/aiunit.c:  return (base==U_WARRIORS && test==U_PHALANX)
> > ./ai/aiunit.c:    || (base==U_PHALANX && test==U_MUSKETEERS);
#else
it will disappear when cleanup will blow over aiunit.c

/**************************************************************************
 This a hack to enable emulation of old loops previously hardwired as
> > ./ai/aiunit.c:   for (i = U_WARRIORS; i <= U_BATTLESHIP; i++)
 (Could probably just adjust the loops themselves fairly simply, but this
 is safer for regression testing.)
**************************************************************************/

> > ./common/combat.c: (For calls which used to be g_v_d_p(U_HOWITZER,...))
> > ./server/gotohand.c:  /* (?) was punit->type == U_SETTLERS -- dwp */
those are clearly comments, reffering to how the code looked before...

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv hacking
.
  "A common mistake that people make, when trying to design
   something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
   ingenuity of complete fools."
     -- Douglas Adams in Mostly Harmless
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/