[Freeciv-Dev] Randomness restoring after loading a saved game

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Randomness restoring after loading a saved game
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:59:05 +0100

Hi,

  I have weird problem with loading of a save game. When I ran an autogame with
both original and my version of AI, and it started to differ around year +1000,
I thought I will be able to just reload the saved games from year +0800, turn
on debug logging and happily hunt the problem down. However, when I will just
load the saved game at year +0800 and start it, in year +1000 it is different
than old saved game in year +1000 (both obviously ran with same civserver).  As
one of the things which differ is random state, it looks to me that it is
either not restored correctly or there is different count of myrand() calling.
Is this a known issue? Can anyone please help me to find the problem?

Many thanks,

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv hacking
.
  "A common mistake that people make, when trying to design
   something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
   ingenuity of complete fools."
     -- Douglas Adams in Mostly Harmless
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/