[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Terminal left in wrong state when quitting due to game

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Terminal left in wrong state when quitting due to gameover (PR#1077)
From: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 07:11:56 -0800 (PST)

Petr Baudis wrote:

Hi,

  when the game is over and server exits (at least when it was just an
autogame), the terminal is left in noecho state, so one has to type 'stty sane'
everytime. The attached patch restores terminal correctly. There is a question,
how to quit the server. It would be maybe most correct to do it via
quit_game(), like in the rest of server code, otherwise we will end up with
things like broken terminal. Or add close_connections_and_socket() call
minimally, to shutdown readline correctly.

I do not get this behavior - everything works sanely for me normally. I wonder why that is?

jason