[Freeciv-Dev] imlib not found

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] imlib not found
From: Stefan Bordag <mai97eme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 12:34:37 +0100 (MEZ)

Hi all,
The problem is solved, simply edit the generated config.cache and find the
line which contains something [blah.imlib=no] and write instead of "no" ->
"/usr/bin/imlibconfig".
That is where imlib in the SuSE installs its configscript. then re-run
./configure and proceed with compiling and installation.
Well, it isn't actually solved, it's a work-around. I think the config
script shouldn't make this kind of inconvenience if the compilation anyway
goes well. But probably I don't understand this kind of stuff good enough.
Ah and I installed any packets containing imlib in their name and I still
don't know whether I installed the headers as there wasn't a packet named
like imlib-headers.rpm or the like. I even tried to install the source
package, although it just copied a tarball into somewhere in the depths of
SuSE...
Hafe fun, Stefan
p.s.: I couldn't get the bug-tracking mechanism of freeciv.org to post
this reply on my own bugreport because of messages like: you are not
allowed to do "_whatever_" so I am posting it here as an email.

-Stefan Bordag                     mai97eme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx