[Freeciv-Dev] Re: civ 3 impressions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: civ 3 impressions
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 08:13:44 -0500

Per I. Mathisen <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

They are good as it adds another dimension to the playing challenge. I had to go to war against another player to get coal, for instance, since he didn't want to trade :)

I totally agree.  Although you will hear plenty of complaints about it.  :-)

Workers become a royal pain in the ass on huge maps that are well developed. I'm sure I had fifty of them, and the AIs had plenty more. My head got dizzy watching those automated little critters move around each turn.

That's very true.

There got to be a better way, perhaps by using build points like Civ:CTP.

Perhaps.  I haven't played CTP so I am not sure how exactly it works.

Perhaps gold upkeep only is workable, but the civ 3 units should cost more, so that there couldn't be so damn many of them.

Home city and thus shields upkeep has to go. Maybe unit upkeep should be raised for Republic and Democracy, which would also improve government balance.

Mike