[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Natural City Names

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Natural City Names
From: Cameron Morland <cjmorlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:34:44 -0500 (EST)

La 2001-11-06, Per I. Mathisen skribis:

> Interesting mechanic. I like it.
>
> > The patch now supports all terrain types, as they are defined in
> > terrain.ruleset.
>
> Just make sure the patch doesn't break anything if terrain.ruleset
> is changed.

In the worst case it will simply overlook all the cities which are sorted
by category. You could make a modpack that would have funny terrain types
and corresponding funny nations. If normal nations were used with the
modpack, only the unsorted cities would be used (and the others would give
a warning on startup).

La 2001-11-06, Karl-Ingo Friese skribis:

> Interesting idea. It wont affect gameplay that much - but somehow
> I like it ;)

It won't affect it much. The only way it affects it is by making it
easier to have your capital be unknown. Now I can't say "ah, Berlin;
that's his capital."