[Freeciv-Dev] Re: map tiles in city dialog drawn in wrong order

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: map tiles in city dialog drawn in wrong order (PR#1044)
From: Jason Dorje Short <vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 00:13:28 -0500

Gaute B Strokkenes wrote:

> (Sure doesn't seem like isometric view is very popular, though...)

After playing a little bit under an isometric map, I find I like it a
lot more.  It makes a lot more sense with the borders.

Really, though, I'm just not a big fan of the hires tileset.

Ultimately, I think an isometric tileset with an isometric map is
slightly more intuitive because the "good" directions to travel are
cardinal rather than diagonal.  But the tileset itself must catch up
first.

jason