[Freeciv-Dev] Re: semi-quick tile_is_known patch [new patch]

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: semi-quick tile_is_known patch [new patch]
From: Jason Dorje Short <vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 19:10:39 -0400

Mike Kaufman wrote:

> > Yes.  Using map_get_tile is better.  But please change this code:
> >
> > {
> >   return map_get_tile(x, y)->known;
> > }
>
> ok, I agree. Here's a new patch.

We don't yet have check_map_pos in place to catch the non-normal
coordinate error, but if that does happen map_get_tile should return
void_tile and (I think) everything should work out.  So this should be
good.

> But, this now becomes an easy thing for Raimar to apply. Raimar: please apply
> it.

With this change it no longer interferes with check_map_pos, so that's
no longer a concern.

The only other recommendation I'd make is that you put a bit more
explanation in the function comment for tile_is_known.  This, too, is a
small issue.  Aside from that, it all looks good (though I have not
verified that it's complete).

jason