[Freeciv-Dev] Re: question

To: Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: question
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:02:17 -0500

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 07:49:27PM +0200, Alan Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried upgrading gtk, which solved the second problem but not the
> first.
>
> So I tried googling it, and I found two references that might be of
> interest:
>
> This indicates that you are trying to add more than one widget to a
> container that can only hold one widget.  To find out where the error is
> occuring, you could use gdb and break on the g_log function.

this _might_ be the case, I'll check the code.

> James.
>
> (this is for someone who has the same problem. I tried to gdb civclient,
> but couldn't get it to breakpoint on g_log)
>
> I also found that this message may be triggered when adding two vboxes
> to a window. I haven't looked at the client code yet, hoping that
> someone will figure it out at once ;-)
>
> If I can help some more, don't hesitate to ask.

does the Gtk-CRITICAL below happen right after you type "start" and
enter in the civserver (right at the beginning) or does it happen when
you click on a city and bring up a city dialog?

If the latter is the case, does it happen if you create a new global
worklist and start to edit it?

-mike