[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Pad year in savegame names with leading zeros

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Pad year in savegame names with leading zeros
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 18:21:01 +0200

Am Freitag, 28. September 2001 10:11 schrieb Raimar Falke:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 01:33:11AM +0200, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I thinks it's useful to add leading zeroes to the year in generated
> > savegame names (autosave and default filename). Always show 4
> > digits (and perhaps the sign to indcate BC). So saves can be listed
> > in cronological order using ls etc. and won't get mixed (there is
> > still a jump between BC and AD). [Patch]
>
> I support this since I have also struggled with such problems.
>
>       Raimar

I'd prefer it like this:

 nero+0001.sav
 nero+0050.sav
 nero+0100.sav
 nero+0150.sav
 nero+0200.sav
 nero-0050.sav
 nero-0100.sav
 nero-0150.sav
 nero-0200.sav

Dot is for seperating meaningfull extensions IMHO.

Just my 2 euro cent

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *