[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Settlers turns left calculation in GUI is wrong.

To: Andreas Beckmann <andreas.beckmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Settlers turns left calculation in GUI is wrong. (PR#981)
From: Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:30:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Andreas Beckmann wrote:

> BTW, why does this information belong to the settlers and not to the map?

Good question. I moved them to the tiles in teamciv, where they "belong"
in my eyes (even if this is a philosophical point of view; I think the
settler digs the irrigation on the field and not carries them around
by himself). The idea itself prooved good, the implementation (in
teamciv) needs to be improved. Currently its wasting memory and
bandwith, but this can be dealt with.

See the features page of

http://www-c.informatik.uni-hannover.de/~kif/civ/teamciv.html

for our solution.