[Freeciv-Dev] Re: common/city.h

To: freeciv development <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: common/city.h
From: Dirk Stoecker <stoecker@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:53:11 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

> > I think this should be done now to fix possibly existing wrong tests long
> > time before next release.
>
> You won't catch the wrong tests in the ai code. Either you audit the
> code or add checks to ensure that there are no uninitialsed type
> fields or other nasty things.

If I understand it correctly, this was left in for security reasons, when
these enums where introduced. So "theoretically" there should be no
problems. Practically there maybe some, but we never find them without
removing the =0. At least there should be none, which can be found by easy
code reviews.

Ciao
__
|____| _|_ |____| _|_    _|_ |____| I hope AMIGA never stops making fun!