[Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion on how to improve the game

To: Lukasz Szelag <lszelag@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion on how to improve the game
From: Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 19:43:08 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Lukasz,

yes - I notice the same. Especialy before begining of a game
people are often on another virtual screen or have the window
iconified. A popup can help here - but even better would be
- a sound. This could also be plaid in game when you try to
tell someone who is in heavy war that you want an alliance
with him but he never responds since he has simply no time
to check his personal messages. Popups would be wrong in this
case (you do not want a popup in the middle of a sea battle)
but a "/ring" cmd that plays a sound (or even a simple beep)
on that callers machine would defenitely help.

Just my few coppers,
Ingo

--

Karl-Ingo Friese