[Freeciv-Dev] Re: build city seg fault (PR#952)

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: build city seg fault (PR#952)
From: Niels Weber <nath@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 23:05:14 +0200

Hi Ian!

Iain Sutherland wrote:

This looks like an error in gdk, gtk or xfree. Do you have changed
anything on gtk? Installed a broken theme? Made any changes to the
xfree font system?

    Raimar, how has no idea what caused this

-- email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx "> WHY?! Isn't it better to put $(shell cat cscope.files) on the list of I only have a yellow belt in makefile kungfu. These fancy gnu make things are relatively new to some of us..." -- Mark Frazer to Vassilii Khachaturov in linux-kernel

You hit it on the head. It was a program called gdkxft an antialiased font scheme (when I installed it actually made XFree86 unusable and I had to remove it form my configuration, but I never uninstalled it.)

Removed it and the bug went away.

I have it installed but no problems with it...

Niels