[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Weird gtk widget code

To: Francois Taiani <francois.taiani@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: FreeCiv <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Weird gtk widget code
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:49:08 +0200

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 10:15:17PM +0200, Francois Taiani wrote:
> Hi every one,
>
> in gui-gtk/gui_main.c:setup_widgets(void) I found the following line,
> which I don't understand:
>
> gtk_widget_set_style( turn_done_button,
>                       gtk_style_copy(turn_done_button->style)
>                     );
>
> What is the point of setting the style of the turn_done_button to a copy
> of the style of the turn_done_button. It sounds like biting one's tail.
> Would anybody have any clue on the rationale behind that code ?

----------------------------
revision 1.18
date: 1999/06/10 16:05:58;  author: nb;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -0
When the turn-done button is blinking, other widgets using the same style
occasionally get drawn with the inverted colors (at least they do here with
gtk+-1.2.3). The attached patch against very recent cvs fixes this by
setting a seperate style for the turn_done_button widget. The second part
of the patch is cosmetic.

Patch submitted by Daniel Deckers <fh5y076@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Despite all the medical advances of the 20th century, the mortality