[Freeciv-Dev] Re: bug (PR#905)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: bug (PR#905)
From: col@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:24:08 +0200

Timothy Frye <thf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote ..
> I'm trying to run Freeciv-1.11.4 in OpenBSD 2.9 on a Dell Optiplex GX1p
> with a pentium !!! and 128meg of memory.  OpenBSD has a default Kernel
> build and I'm running KDE 2.1.1 with XFree86-4.1.0.  When I try to run the
> server, I get this error message:
>
> /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefine symbol "_tgetent" called from
> civserver:/usr/lib/libreadline.so.0.0 at 0x400c0964.
>
> Any idea why this is happening?  I've checked out the newsgroup archive
> and your webpage, but there is no reference to a problem like this.  The
> command that I type to get this is:
>
> civserver
>
> with no flags.

I think that you have installed a wrong version of libreadline (this lib parses
the command shell of the civserver) or you are missing a lib which is needed by
libreadline. Try compiling freeciv without having libreadline enabled and/or
check what lib maybe missing.

Note: This is not a freeciv bug!

CU,
David