[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patches

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patches
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 11:40:17 +0200 (MEST)

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 col@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> A propos sound patches: I am writing the implementation for event
> sounds now but the problem is still that there are too many events at
> once at the begin of a new turn. All the other events may be played
> properly.

How about a new (default) option: All important events being shown in a
sequence of separate windows at the beginning of the turn, where the next
event window is not shown until after the current event window is closed.
That way only one sound is played at a time, and the sound matches
whatever event is currently appearing.

I can imagine that this can be annoying to experienced players, but they
can always turn it off.

Yours,
Per