[Freeciv-Dev] Re: WAITER! There's a BARB LEADER in my TRIREME !!! (PR#8

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: WAITER! There's a BARB LEADER in my TRIREME !!! (PR#881)
From: Aliaga <aliaga@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:49:11 +0200

At 09:48 10/08/01 +1000, you wrote:
>I think it would be a cool way to stop barbarians. Subvert the barbarian leader

Well, that was exactly how I liked to deal with them in payciv. Dirt cheap
and handy. You could build a sizeable army just purchasing barbarians at
about the same cost of building your own units. Nice when some barbarian
units were veterans and even of superior tech than yours. No need to have
them all convert to your side for free.

And another good reason to use a diplo in exploration tasks, whenever it
opens a hut with barbarians, subvert the strongest unit, or even subvert
their leader so you get another diplomat with which continue subverting...
When using diplos to harass the enemy, I always bribed whatever barbarian
leader I found, so I gained another diplo and the strenght of my "diplo
army" increased.

IMHO, barbarians should be *hardened*, not softened in their effects. But
then I played Deity for fun, so maybe I'm biased.

Just my 2 cents.

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.