[Freeciv-Dev] Re: BUG missing gfx in help

To: stoecker@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: BUG missing gfx in help
From: "Daniel Speyer" <Daniel_Speyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:54:32 -0400

stoecker@xxxxxxxx,Internet writes:
>Hi Thue,
>
>>> there seem to be missing gfx in help when using isometric mode.
>>>  try to view the terrain help and no gfx are shown.
>>
>>There doesn't seem to be gfx in any of the clients, isometric or
>>non-isometric.
>
>This is untrue. MUI client uses graphics in help dialog for units and
>terrain type. Would like to have graphics for wonders, improvements and
>science stuff as well :-)

This last seems a bit excessive.  Graphics for units, terrains and
resources (e.g. fruit) make sense, because they communicate information.
Presently, there are no tech and improvement graphics, so it wouldn't
really tell anyone anything.

Of course, if anyone really loves drawing and is looking for a new
project, I'll be interested to see philosophy in 20x20 pixels :)

--Daniel Speyer
"May the /src be with you, always"