[Freeciv-Dev] Please help me with freeciv 1.11.4 (PR#873)

To: niklasb@xxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Please help me with freeciv 1.11.4 (PR#873)
From: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 14:15:57 +0200

niklasb@xxxxxx writes:
 > Hello you cool freeciv programmers!
 >
 > Yesterday I downloaded the freeciv-1.11.4-win.zip file to my computer. I´ve
 > got windows 95 installed on it.
 > When I started "civserver" in an MS-DOS-prompt window it came up with the
 > message:
 > This is the server....
 > You can learn....
 > BUT THEN IT SAID: 0: socket failed: No error
 >
 > Then the program stops and goes back to the prompt.
 >
 > What does it mean and what can I do about it? Please help me!
It means that threre are network problems. Have you installed TCP/IP
on that machine where you want to run civserver? Or is it the same as
you have used to download freeciv?
Are you able to connect to games running on another machine
(e.g. using the meta server dialog to connect to a server in the
internet)?

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade