[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#865)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#865)
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 21:35:31 -0700 (PDT)

We are breaking network compatibility on this version. Its good because
there was alot of compatibility cruft piled up and this will clear it.

As for the native Win32 client using GTK+:
The client must be patched to work on Win32 because there is some issue
with maximum bitmap size on Win32. tiles.xpm is too huge for Windows
GDI for e.g.
The server should compile fine on MingW32.

I guess we should have kept one old server on civserver but i
don't decide that policy, and besides, this is good to force people to
beta-test.

Andreas will probably come up with a new patch once the final version
comes out. If he can't/doesn't want to i can make the patch i guess.
Of course when he finishes the native Windows version we was working on
(Common Controls not GTK+!) we can merrily throw that into the bin.

---