[Freeciv-Dev] Re: nl unit/terrain help screwed (PR#856)

To: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Filip Van Raemdonck <mechanix@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: nl unit/terrain help screwed (PR#856)
From: Filip Van Raemdonck <mechanix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 01:34:10 +0200

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 01:02:17AM +0200, Gaute B Strokkenes wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, mechanix@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When using the nl translation, unit help and terrain help screens in
> > the GTK+ client are screwed up. I tried the xaw3d client, and it
> > doesn't expose this problem.  English (no l10n) also doesn't have
> > this; I couldn't try another l10n as I don't have the necessary
> > locale support on my system.  I have a screenshot at
> > http://people.debian.org/~mechanix/freeciv-bug.png
> >
> > Not that these are *not* the Debian packages; it is a selfbuilt
> > binary.  IIRC the Debian packages (1.11.4) don't expose the problem
> > neither, but it's been a couple of weeks since I've used them.
>
> What version?

Sorry, I should've mentioned that. 1.11.6 (the beta release). I haven't
tried CVS.

> Assuming this is current CVS, this looks like another case of
> gettext("").  For someone who has the time, this should be very easy
> to track down.  Just add a wrapper to gettext() that calls abort() if
> msgid is an empty string, and then inspect the core dump.  I'd do it
> myself if I had the time (and used the GTK client).

Unfortunately, I don't really have the time right now. Nor do I have
sufficient knowledge, I think - I know little about gettext (lack of time
plays an important role again here - I'd need to read the docs first)

Regards,

Filip

PS. 1.11.6 says that 1.12 is going to be released somewhere in july; however
we're already august now - is it still far off?

--
If Windows is the answer, it must have been a stupid question.